Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Ouch!

I never thought I'd live to see the day when I looked over the top of my eyeglasses to read.  Nor did I think a pair of reading glasses would become a much needed accessory when wearing my contact lenses.  I fondly remember my aunts and cousins warning me that one day the tiny little waist line that I'd taken for granted would disappear and become a combination waist-stomach or gut. I laughed at them.  Clearly, I was clueless of what lay ahead as our bodies age.

I sit perplexed trying to figure out why I am no longer able to jump out of bed and hit the ground running.  No, I usually stretch while resting flat on my back hoping and praying the aches in my back and feet will magically disappear.
I finally sit up an put those aching feet onto the floor and command them to take me across the room.  They capitulate, but I hobble saying "ouch, ouch, my feet."  Well, I won't complain.  Life is still good and I'm still blessed.  As day 7 of the new year comes to an end, I am still trying to coax myself into some serious exercise. Hey, at least I'm writing.  One small victory at a time.  After all, Rome wasn't built in a day.


No comments:

Post a Comment